The day to day impact of having a set of damaged, discoloured or broken teeth is immense. It can seriously undermine your confidence and way of life. It’s no way to live, especially when there are so many solutions available to fix the problem.
What Are Cosmetic Veneers?
Dental veneers are a great option for improving your smile by altering the shape, length, size or colour of your teeth. They are used to treat a number of dental conditions and restore damaged, broken or malformed teeth to achieve a natural-looking smile with aesthetic appeal and longevity. Dental veneers, also referred to as porcelain veneers are thin shells of handmade porcelain that is bonded to the surface of the tooth. The veneer is minimally invasive, as only a small amount of tooth enamel is affected, however, the patient must have healthy teeth with minimal fillings.
At Balmain Dentist we understand that the procedure of dental veneers requires careful consideration and planning. After a detailed discussion and the treatment plan agreed upon the procedure will take two visits to our clinic to complete.
The Porcelain & Composite Veneer Process
During the first visit, the teeth are prepared, with a minimal reduction for the veneer. Impressions of the teeth are taken which are then sent to our technicians to create your veneer. Over the next two weeks, while the veneers are being created a set of temporary composite veneers are fitted onto the teeth.
On your second visit with Dr Galoustian, the temporary veneers are removed and the new dental veneers are bonded to the teeth resulting in a perfect and natural looking smile.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Resistant to Stains – Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for people who are prone to teeth discolouration. Teeth-whitening is not always an effective option depending on the grade and extent of discolouration. That is why veneers are a popular choice because they not only cover stains but also resist them.
- Quick Procedure – Having a veneer procedure doesn’t require a lot of time. In just two visits you will be able to enjoy a smile free of defects.
- New Smile – The veneers that we offer can change a person’s smile in just a couple of visits. They are also very compatible with other treatments such as with teeth whitening, dental bridges and fillings.
- Efficient & Effective – The appearance of porcelain veneers are just like natural teeth and people won’t be able to tell the difference when looking at them.
- Sturdy – Veneers that are maintained well can last a person from 10 to 30 years. At Balmain Dentist, only the highest grade materials and the most advanced techniques are applied to our patients.
Call us today to book your appointment!